- ÖSSL version error or cipher conflictThe error can be caused by certain security settings.
- Make sure the antivirus software is not interfering with your browser.
- Disabling certain browser features can sometimes solve this problem.
- Easy Migration - Use Opera's wizard to transfer existing data like bookmarks, passwords, etc.
- Optimizes resource usage: Your RAM memory is used more efficiently than other browsers
- Enhanced Privacy - Built-in Unlimited Free VPN
- No ads: The integrated ad blocker speeds up page loading and protects against data mining
- Gaming Compatible: Opera GX is the first and best gaming browser
Windows 10/11 and the browsers installed on your device use built-in security features to protect your information and keep everything safe. These built-in security tools determine whether certain websites are safe or not.
However, sometimes your internet access can be blocked even if the websites you visit are safe. This explains why you're getting themSSL version error or cipher conflictMistake.
This warning will tell you that tooThis website cannot provide a secure connection., which means the browser cannot verify the SSL certificate for the implied website or webpage.
While this is a useful security feature, sometimes even trusted websites can be blocked.
For example, if you try to log into your bank account, you may get theSSL version error or cipher conflictMistake.
What Causes Err SSL Version or Cipher Mismatch?
This is a certificate issue and occurs when the web browser and server do not support the same version of the encryption protocol.
In this case, one of the following messages may appear:
- Client and server do not support any standard SSL protocol version or cipher suite
- Mismatched encryption/No shared encryption
- Cipher suite mismatch
Luckily, there are ways to fix this error and today we're going to show you how to do it.
Use a secure and up-to-date browser. A good option is Opera, thanks to its frequent security updates that ensure that you can access most websites without encountering the certificate verification error.
The browser has secure filtering and blocks sites known to be malicious or dangerous. With that in mind, we should note that it doesn't have as many false positives as other browsers.
Open any page and enjoy modern security and privacy features like adblock, VPN and antitracking!
Buch Visit the site
How to fix Err SSL version or encryption error in Windows 10 and 11?
1. Check the website's certificate
- Try opening the website that is causing this error.
- Click on the lock icon in the address bar.
- SeekThe connection is securePossibility. You can click on it to see more information.
- If you now click on the certificate, you will see detailed information about it.
If you don't see this message or the lock icon, it means the website is using an expired certificate, making it insecure.
You can also check security as follows:
- Right click on the page with this error and select itInspect.
- Now click on the arrow icon and selectSecurity.
- You should now see the certificate information.
Some PC problems are difficult to solve, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having trouble fixing an error, your system may be partially corrupted.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your computer and identify the error.
Click hereDownload and start repairing.
Alternatively, you can try switching to a different browser to avoid this problem andOperIt might be the best option as it offers great features and security.
2. Clear cache
- Abre Chrom.
- Now press:control+Change+Extinguish.
- A new window will appear.
- put thattime intervalforall the timeand clickdelete data.
3. Adjust security settings
- In the search bar, type the following and pressTap:
- search forSSL/TLS mindsupported version.
- Click on it and selectSSLv3.
- Restart Chrome and try to connect again.
This option isn't available in all versions of Chrome, and if you can't find it, continue to the next solution.
4. Disable fast log
- In the search bar, type:
- Type in the searchHere. LocateQUIC experiment protocoland set itDisabled person.
- Save the changes and restart Chrome.
5. Clear the SSL certificate cache
- to squeezeWindowClave + RKeyboard shortcuts to access theRunCrate.
- Enter the following line and pressTap:inetcpl.cpl
- switch toFelizaway. click itClear SSL status.
- Save your changes and close this window at the end.
Windows saves SSL certificate history by default to speed up your browsing experience.
However, this could be why you are getting theSSL version error or cipher conflictAlarm. Therefore, clear the SSL certificate cache by following the steps above.
6. Disable SSL scanning from antivirus software
Your antivirus program may be causing the Err SSL version or encryption issue. Therefore, please disable the SSL verification feature of your security programs before trying to connect to the network again.
Here's how you can do this task in one of the most popular antivirus programs:
- Open the BitDefender interface and go toIdeas.
- From there go toprivacy controland switch toAnti Phishingab
- deactivateSSL scannen.
- You may need to access it in other versions of BitDefenderSchutz, and from belowinternet protection, find theSSL scannenResource.
- Open Avast and navigate toIdeas.
- chooseSchutz,and undercore shields,chooseweb shield.
- From there,You can disable SSL scanning.
- Sign in to KasperskyIdeasbook page.
- From there go tonetwork settings.
- At this point, the SSL settings are displayed.
- Just disable SSL inspection settings.
If you're having trouble with your antivirus, visit our guide atbest antivirus softwarefor great alternatives.
How to fix Err SSL version or encryption error in Windows 11?
This is a browser issue, which means the solutions are the same for all Windows versions. So even if you're using the latest edition, all of the methods in this guide should work for you, so give them a try.
The error is kind of similarYour browser may not trust this website.Mistake. More information on how to fix it can be found hereunreliable side guidefor more details.
Which systems are affected by Err SSL Version or Encryption Mismatch?
This is a fairly common error and err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch has been reported on Windows, Android and Mac servers can also suffer from this issue and the list of affected servers includes:
- premises Server
- cloud flare
Note that the Err SSL version error is a security warning telling you one thing:You are trying to access an untrusted website.
Therefore, only try to disable this warning if you are sure that you can safely navigate to the offending website.
The steps above should help you solve the problem.SSL version error or cipher conflictchrome bug. If you are still having problems, please read oursSecure SSL connection failed errorGuide for more solutions.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic, so please leave us a comment in the section below.
This article covers:Subjects:
- browser error
- windows 10 repair
- window 11
Was this page helpful
Start a conversation